These two sessions were recorded at the 2017 Symposium on Yoga Therapy & Research in Newport Beach, CA.
There are two workshops included in this set: the Accreditation Overview & Support Workshop and the Meeting of Schools Evening Workshop.
Accreditation Overview & Support Workshop Summary
"Learn what accreditation is and why it's such an important pillar for supporting the emergence of our profession within healthcare.
Gain insight into how the Accreditation Committee reads applications and find out what to include in your documentation to give a "you are there" experience of your program. This kind of documentation provides the Accreditation Committee with an important foundation for understanding whether your program meets the Educational Standards.
Whether you're just beginning to think about accreditation, are getting ready to submit a Letter of Intent, or have submitted a Letter of Intent and are starting to develop your application documentation, this dynamic, interactive workshop will help you take the next step in the process with confidence and enthusiasm."
Meeting of Schools Evening Workshop Summary
- Accreditation Committee
- Proposed standards revisions
- Curriculum Integration
- Increased requirements for the Program Director
- Increased requirements for Faculty
- Stretch Break
- Certification Committee
- Update on credentialing and what it means for our field
- Lessons learned and shining examples
- Last chance for grandparenting!
- Approved Professional Development (APD) courses
- For continuing education and shorter "specialty trainings"
- A pilot program: why, what, when
- Evening Closing